[libre-riscv-dev] Tests in soc/fu

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 21 16:59:19 BST 2020

On Sunday, June 21, 2020, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 20, 2020, at 10:20 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <
> lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > btw i changed everyone's about page bugzilla link to include "cc":
> > https://libre-soc.org/about_us/
> >
> > so now if you go to let's say Cesar's page: https://libre-soc.org/Cesar_
> Strauss/
> >
> > there are 2 more bugreports that he's cc'd on than are assigned *to* him:
> > https://bugs.libre-soc.org/buglist.cgi?email1=cestrauss%
> 40gmail.com&emailassigned_to1=1&emailcc1=1&emailtype1=
> substring&list_id=927&resolution=---
> > https://bugs.libre-soc.org/buglist.cgi?email1=cestrauss%
> 40gmail.com&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_
> id=927&resolution=---
> >
> > typing or remembering those is quite inconvenient.  therefore, if you
> > are "losing track" of conversations, simply going to your homepage,
> > clicking on "bugtracker assignments", you can see immediately at a
> > glance the ongoing conversations relevant to you.
> >
> > (i have to do things differently because that list is 239 assigned
> > bugs, and that's not useful.  i may end up using the "priority" field
> > or a tag of some kind at some point)
>
> That’s fantastic Luke! Very helpful! Much easier to keep track of bugs
> this way, thank you.
>
> Unfortunately, with regard to priority tracking, bzkanban takes 8 seconds
> to fully load on my desktop with a very fast internet connection...

yes if you actually got it to work i am amazed.

i have sat there for 5 minutes with nothing happening.

 Will do some research today into how difficult it will be to reimplement
> it’s functionality in elm so that it loads within 2-3 seconds on mobile
> with 3G connection. There is a bzkanban alternative that I ran into earlier
> this week, both options are worth a look, I’ll let you know what my
> research finds on a new bug report under libre-SOC-org.

ok.

please do consider installing bugzilla separately, and also make sure that
what you do uses a REST API.

that way it becomes possible to put a REST compatible dropin replacement
behind the same interface.