[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 03jun2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:09:16 BST 2020

On Jun 3 2020, at 5:03 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> cool.  remember also to include the comments - don't delete them.  the
> VHDL comments ( "--" VHDL translated to "#" python) are just as
> important to do line-by-line.  you'll need to go over the microwatt
> execute1.vhdl and the bugreport because i noticed you deleted some of
> the python docstrings containing the VHDL, without translating the
> VHDL comment strings.
>
> l.

Yes sorry about that, part was intentional, which I see now was clearly
a silly thing to do, the other part was that I managed to really mess up
the 'resolution' of merge conflicts. I was following the same guide I've
used previously (successfully) for git mergetool vimdiff, and for some
reason my attempt to accept the remote changes in favour of my own did
the opposite... and then some, like deleting a bunch of lines near the
top of the file that I did't touch. This all would not have been a
problem had I done a second review of the changes before pushing them
like I was supposed to. Lesson learned.

Cole