[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc-dev Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9

Sadoon Albader sadoon at albader.co
Fri Sep 22 17:52:55 BST 2023

On Friday, 22 September 2023 13:23:54 +03 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Friday, September 22, 2023, Sadoon Albader via Libre-soc-dev <
>
> libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
> > If it helps I can definitely host a mirror for all the libre-soc related
> > servers.
>
> mmm ahh i have a thought: are you able to run a VM on it
> which you can let me have root access? it would allow
> me to add a 3rd offsite backup via rsync. i will be TRUSTING
> YOU (GDPR regulations, ssh private keys, password files)
> so if you can make it an encrypted disk that you cannot ever
> see its contents (only i can) that would be best. is that
> possible and not too much hassle? actual disk allocation
> needed is only about... 30 GB for now.

Doesn't sound like too much trouble, I'll set it up as soon as I am free but
need to focus on poly1305 for a bit.
I'll choose one of my unused 120GB SSDs for this purpose, create a user "lkcl"
and give you QEMU user session permissions as well as full permissions over
the disk itself. You can then provision this VM whichever way you like. This
way you don't even have to trust me, for higher security standards :P

All I need is for you to point your DNS record for the mirror to my IP, though
I have many ports already allocated so we'll just keep that in mind. Say
something like 8080 for http and 2020 for ssh etc.

> happy to set it up with a DNS record when you have the IP.
> oh.  IPv4 please: *no* IPv6. too seriously problematic.

Yup, IPv4 is all I have anyway.

> this is to the mailing list and it went through fine.
> if you sent anything else then i didn't receive it.

I did not send anything else now, but I hope you received these two emails on
lkcl.net since that was the one I was having trouble with, seems they haven't
fixed the issue, sigh.

--
Regards,
Sadoon Albader