[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc-dev Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 22 20:36:17 BST 2023

On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 5:52 PM Sadoon Albader <sadoon at albader.co> wrote:
> Doesn't sound like too much trouble, I'll set it up as soon as I am free but
> need to focus on poly1305 for a bit.

no rush. i see you "got" the picture on bigmul REMAP, if you ignore the
ads (ublock origin?) and play this game
https://www.wordgametime.com/games/word-transformer
that's the strategy: find the *one and only one* thing that you
can change, whilst having unit tests at all times run without
fail 100% passing (the equivalent of "it must be a dictionary word")
and you are looking for a path to change from word1 into word2
*only one letter at a time*.

> I'll choose one of my unused 120GB SSDs for this purpose, create a user "lkcl"
> and give you QEMU user session permissions as well as full permissions over
> the disk itself. You can then provision this VM whichever way you like. This
> way you don't even have to trust me, for higher security standards :P

qemu's a good idea.
when you've time i maay need some help on how to set up encrypted disks,
i've actually never done one before

> All I need is for you to point your DNS record for the mirror to my IP, though
> I have many ports already allocated so we'll just keep that in mind. Say
> something like 8080 for http and 2020 for ssh etc.

11194 for openvpn *outgoing only*, i'll drop an openvpn config at you.

> > happy to set it up with a DNS record when you have the IP.
> > oh.  IPv4 please: *no* IPv6. too seriously problematic.
>
> Yup, IPv4 is all I have anyway.

gooood
> > this is to the mailing list and it went through fine.
> > if you sent anything else then i didn't receive it.
>/
> I did not send anything else now, but I hope you received these two emails on
> lkcl.net

it's just a redirector to gmail so i can't actually tell... or i could
by looking in the logs (meh)

> since that was the one I was having trouble with, seems they haven't
> fixed the issue, sigh.

mx1.startmail.com has a reverse dns and that's what the headers
say from libre-soc-dev mailing list so _that_ got through.