[Libre-soc-dev] freeze on all RFPs until a review of Financial Accountability has been carried out

Michiel Leenaars michiel.ml at nlnet.nl
Wed Sep 20 15:33:37 BST 2023

Dear Luke, all,

thanks for carefully monitoring the financial records, and making sure these are consistent.

Unforeseen actions can have unforeseen consequences. Obviously, the Libre-SOC project not only has a large complexity and needs to keep track of a vast amount of very detailed tasks - but any changes need to be carefully reviewed and agreed upon as this indirectly ties into our administrative and accounting processes. So far this has worked well, which is a testament to the infrastructure the project created for that purpose. Because it runs so smooth, it is probably also not on everybody's mind how to keep it that way.

In a FOSS project of any decent scale, with global collaborators that don't sit in the same office all day, such things happen. And that is obviously no problem at all, it would be surprising and even a bit weird if it didn't.

Assuming there are proper backups, and everyone involved is alive and well and ready to explain what was done and what was the intent - I trust that you are more than capable of evaluating the recent edits made and bringing everything back in sync.

It won't probably take long either, if I understand correctly. Meanwhile, for areas not affected, payment request etc can still be made and evaluated at our end. Business as usual ;)

Best,
Michiel