[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc-dev Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1

Sable Sable at disroot.org
Thu Aug 17 20:30:18 BST 2023

So a few or more responses,

On 08/17/2023 12:23 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> hiya Sable great to hear from you, please do follow standard
> mailing list netiquette and trim irrelevant context
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mailing_list_etiquette
>
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 4:56 PM Sable via Libre-soc-dev
> <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
My bad, I realized when I sent it, that I was making an error much to my
foolishness.

>> Unrelated, but curious if you have a roadmap till alpha or know how
>> long, etc...
> Libre-SOC does not have an "alpha", but the commercial company
> RED Semiconductor Ltd does.
>
> Libre-SOC's releases are 100% dependent on how many people
> contribute to completing the NLnet-funded tasks.
Interesting... wonder if they have a repo that shows their progress.

>> Just been listening every so often. It is good you got funding,
> ... now all that is needed is people willing to do the work to
> *receive* that funding.
That would be nice

>> open source
> Libre
My bad, yeah libre. Sorry about that. My memory must be hazy. xD

Sometimes admittedly, I talk to certain people about this and
unfortunately, there is no other way to talk to them about distros,
etc... for them to understand what I mean, etc...

>> processors especially ultra low power ones
> and high-performance and energy-efficient
That was what I meant :D

The second one especially has my interest. Would love to have a netbook
with a 24 hour battery life especially  under high load. Also if
possible being able to run qemu with other architectures like x86_64 or
x86 being included in that and be semi reasonable speed.
A lot of this probably is dream-like for a while even in the future.
Though I wouldn't know. Appreciate your speedy response though.