[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 26may2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:00:19 BST 2020

On May 26 2020, at 10:35 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> i have a feeling we just call RegFileArray.read_port() and write_port,
> then not let anyone access the 8 reg-ports, throw away the "global"
> thing and create the alternative one.

Having done a close read of regfile/virtual_port.py (apologies for
giving a "terrible name for a complex register"), and reviewing the
yosys show top logic diagram I think I mostly understand what's going on
in this module.

Regarding the "global" thing, are you referring to the self.wr/rd_ports
"for external use"? We should instead just use the existing methods on
RegFileArray to set up the external ports? How do we go about not
letting anyone access the 8 reg-ports?

Cole