[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 25may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 25 19:29:56 BST 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 5:39 PM Michael Nolan <mtnolan2640 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I'm working on understanding how the MultiCompUnit from
> compalu_multi.py works, and how to go about formally verifying it.

cool.  here's some notes:

1. i moved compunit_multi.py's docstring to here (it was a bit long):
https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/architecture/compunit/  there, you will
find a description of the crucial stages that a CompUnit goes through.

2. if you set n_src=1, and n_dst=1, and you pass it a CompNNNOpSubset
that has neither an imm_data nor a zero_a, you end up preeettty much
exactly with this:
https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/comp_unit_req_rel.jpg

3. if however you have n_src=3 and n_dst=2, and you pass in an
opsubset that has an imm_data, you end up with something like this
(ignore go_adr and go_st for now):
https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/ld_st_comp_unit.jpg