[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 23may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 23 23:39:43 BST 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 11:32 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > the very first thing should have been "report the original error".
>
> Learning. Will try to do this, but I expect to fail at least one more
> time :)

:)

the immediate response to report the missing module can be easily
deduced from the workflow.

you *know* that people - everyone - should only commit code that
"works" (passes unit tests).  therefore, if someone commits code that
breaks, and it says "import module not found", you *know* that they
must have forgotten to commit a module.

.. yes?

easy, eh?

> Indeed. I'm trying to adapt to these new better habits of explicitness,
> and the above 'explicitly state errors exist before doing something
> fruitless/useless', but my old bad habits are clearly putting up a
> fight. I will continue to try my best :)

:)