[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 23may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 23 23:27:42 BST 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 11:20 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On May 23 2020, at 3:17 pm, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > python3 fu/cr/test/test_pipe_caller.py
>
> fu/logical/test/test_pipe_caller.py:
>
> ``
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test/test_pipe_caller.py", line 14, in <module>
>     from soc.fu.logical.pipeline import LogicalBasePipe
>   File "/home/colepoirier/src/soc/src/soc/fu/logical/pipeline.py", line
> 3, in <module>
>     from soc.fu.logical.input_stage import LogicalInputStage
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'soc.fu.logical.input_stage'
> ```

i missed that - that was what i needed.  so that was my fault, i've
added (and pushed) them now.

it should have been the first reaction. not to try to "fix" the
problem and then report an error in the method that you were trying to
fix the issue (that you didn't clearly state existed)

the very first thing should have been "report the original error".

> Sorry I thought this was clear from: "Do I have to add something from
> fu/logical/logical_input_record.py, or
> add something else in order to use CommonInputStage properly?"

not at all.

>  I'll be more explicit in the future.

always a good idea, and something that everyone forgets (including me).