[libre-riscv-dev] Priority Encoder for Cesar

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 23 15:21:27 BST 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 3:13 PM Cesar Strauss <cestrauss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> My assignments are piling up. I think I need a Priority Encoder...

:)

in order:

* (5+6) - this should not take more than 5 minutes to do the code
(commit it straight away, then we can review it together)

   a preliminary "proof-of-concept" unit test on the other hand might
take ... mm... 20 minutes?

* (4) - review, but consider it "done".

* (2) - L0CacheBuffer with two ports (not two CompLDSTs... yet) - is a
high priority unit test.

* (3) i can handle that... but only when (2) is done

* (1) after L0CacheBuffer unit test is done i expect this to show us
LDSTCompUnit is ok, but yes, needs more testing... but *after* (2).

> I have a wiki page now. I suppose I should update it with the above
> list, right?

yes, it is what it is for.

> I don't mind about the volume, but I would like to know on what to work
> first.

(5+6) high priority to get you "started".

(2) is the next one.

> I think I will start with 4 (review of code-morph), since it's the
> shortest, OK?

and is not involving code-development.  yes, review, but consider it "done".