[libre-riscv-dev] dns entries for talos server & server maintenance

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sat May 23 02:08:45 BST 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 4:02 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> just logged in: yes it's definitely running debian/testing: *really* -
> don't ever do an "apt-get dist-upgrade" or any form of automated
> upgrade on a debian/testing system, ever.

Ok, sorry. I saw stable in the apt lists and assumed it was on debian
stable. Also, the debian security source isn't working for some reason
(missing file? got a 404), so that source didn't work.

So, the list of changes is in /var/log/apt/term.log I think.

> the only thing that should ever be done on a debian/testing system is
> to see if an "apt-get install {package}" will try to replace, upgrade
> or remove any packages, to TERMINATE that and CAREFULLY review the
> list of package alterations.
>
> given that this is a shared server that is also a critical resource,
> that process involves consulting everyone who may be affected, ok?

Ok.