[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 20may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed May 20 16:14:39 BST 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 3:51 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I learned another valuable lesson on the merits of the KISS
> philosophy.

funny man :)

> Today I plan on integrating the Bpermd module into the
> logical pipeline, with tests.

fooocuuuus :)  adding the module to Logical main_stage.py should be
around... maximum 10 lines of code.  really.  not.  difficult.  link
the inputs.  link the outputs.  err... that's it.

btw as a third (incremental) step, after integrating it and putting in
the unit test into soc.fu.logical.test/test_pipe_caller.py, you should
actually be able to integrate the formal proof into the Logical
pipeline as well.

> > * talked with Marketnext about the resource requirements for the May
> > 30 Hackathon.
>
> Is there a document about this on the wiki?

there isn't.  there should be.  however it is up to Marketnext.  the
issue is that i am not sure if they understand quite how high the
resource requirements are, and consequently how long it will take
people in India (and other places across the world) to install the
development environment.

> If not would you mind
> briefly explaining what the parameters and the objectives of the
> hackathon are?

to introduce over 15 different groups / teams / individuals to
Libre-SOC development.

> > * received a message from these guys, they would like to do a review
> > https://radicallyopensecurity.com/
>
> Just took a quick perusal of their website, they look like they share
> our philosophy about digital rights, as well as having a
> 'social-benefit-esque' organizational model. I think their doing a
> review of our processor's security would be welcome help. Your thoughts?

their review is a mandatory requirement as part of the NLNet funding.
i did point out to them that asking to have a private conversation
about their role is not exactly very transparent :)