[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction and Questions

Staf Verhaegen staf at fibraservi.eu
Sat May 16 10:43:54 BST 2020

Yehowshua schreef op vr 15-05-2020 om 15:33 [-0400]:

> Realistically, for our first tapeout(we’re using Google’s shuttle service on 1800nm TSMC),
> we’d do a CPU with no vector instructions(effectively no GPU) for October.

Small correction, the 0.18um TSMC shuttle tape-outs are using the
Europractice service.
In future very likely an open 0.13um PDK becomes available and some
Google sponsored shuttle service will likely be available but it will
have strict restrictions on area and pin count. When information is
public it will then need to be investigated if it can be used for
Libre-SOC prototyping.

greets,
Staf.