[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 11may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue May 12 11:06:52 BST 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 2:32 PM Michael Nolan <mtnolan2640 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/11/20 8:26 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> > btw i forgot to mention: here's what kan-ban is supposed to be :)
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_(development)
> Well that explains some things. When I googled it I came up with the
> manufacturing version and was rather confused what that had to do with us.

i worked for a company that introduced the S/W Engineering version, it
went quite well: made progress (or lack of) quite obvious, and that
really helped to guide decisions.

> Yesterday (and saturday) I worked on the integer ALU adding support for
> shifts and rotates. Today I'd like to improve the ALU testbench some, so

i saw the massive speed-up.  instead of a couple of minutes it's now a
few seconds.

> instead of blindly reading and writing registers based on hardcoded
> numbers it actually looks at the ones used by the instruction.
> (Basically, have it simulate the register file). I'd also like to add in
> support for carry, overflow, and condition registers.

saw the addition of the SPRs go by.

looks good, michael.

l.