[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 11may2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 11 13:26:42 BST 2020

btw i forgot to mention: here's what kan-ban is supposed to be :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanban_(development)

we forgot the board, however one important aspect is that the
"updates" are very brief, and they start with "what you did yesterday"
and continue with "what you plan to do today".  here's a (stunningly
simple) bugzilla kan-ban "view" https://github.com/leif81/bzkanban

anyway.

yesterday i recovered my laptop after my daughter played Minecraft on
it for several hours and the intel dri DMA driver got a null-pointer
de-reference.  i lost 150 editor sessions across 5 group-contexted
virtual screens. sigh.  i also continued background-helping michael
with the ALU, and asked Jacob if he'd like to perhaps do a DIV and/or
MUL Function Unit (CMP, BR and TRAP also need doing).  also i did a
preliminary review of the MarketNext article with their team (at the
moment it's 1500+ words when it should be 600-800)

today i brain-dead-converted rotator.vhdl to nmigen, as it covers - in
an elegant way - the full range of rotate functions from POWER9.  i am
still thinking about how to fit the new 3-in 2-out LDSTCompUnit into
the scoreboard.