[libre-riscv-dev] Pinout, interfaces, Rudi, and Raptor

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 8 16:03:55 BST 2020

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 3:20 PM Yehowshua <yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu> wrote:

> Hello Luke,
>         So I see we have some pinout sdefine here.
>
> https://libre-soc.org/shakti/m_class/pinouts/ <https://libre-soc.org/shakti/m_class/pinouts/>
>

> My suggestion is to drop the pinmux for now.

it needs writing anyway [not to use Bluespec].  that was *another*
project that took 3 months to do and we can't really use because it's
hard-coded to what the Shakti Team use in IIT Madras.  *sigh*.

already done https://libre-soc.org/180nm_Oct2020/interfaces/

update interfaces page https://libre-soc.org/180nm_Oct2020/interfaces/?updated

> LiteX also supports SDR which is good for us as it doesn’t require a PHY like DDR making it simpler.

yes.  and it's silicon-proven via the Shakti Team, in their first 22nm
ASIC from 2 years ago.

> Luke, should I connect Rudi to Tim?

hmmm.... in my mind, the roles do not really match up.  they do
however with one of us (by "us" i mean you :) given that i'm trying to
focus on heavily-technical development) as the intermediary

roles:

* Rudi's asked specifically for the interfaces, he'll write a spec as
a PDF and if we say "go" he'll get on with it.
* Tim's role here is as the "customer" plus he's busy.

therefore i suggest:

* *we* need to capture the requirements (of Tim) - by "we" i mean you
* go over them, discuss and approve them (whole team)
* *then* authorise Rudi to go ahead with a design document (i send the message)
* then go over that and discuss and review it (whole team)
* *then* notify Rudi "please go ahead" (i send the message)