[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 08mar2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri May 8 11:56:32 BST 2020

yesterday we had a discussion with Tim from Raptor CS about interfaces.  if
we have LPC which is the old ISA Memory Bus protocol over only 6 pins then
because it is an actual memory interface we can even boot directly from
it.  start the PC at an address that triggers memory requests that get
fulfilled by an external LPC chip.

if we have that as one of the interfaces (and can run a linux kernel) we
basically have our first customer (and business partner).

i managed to get ST working on the LDSTCompUnit.  LD i should have today.

also i will talk with MarketNext today about the magazine article.

also wrote the page for discussion of "minimum viable ASIC"
https://libre-soc.org/180nm_Oct2020/