[libre-riscv-dev] 4 Simulators?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu May 7 20:02:30 BST 2020

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 7:54 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> Yes I was working on the Python Simulator,

the discussions in the bugtracker center around the auto-generated
one.  i appreciate that there is a lot going on.

> and I was also looking into the sourcecode of the Dolphin emulator.

https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/blob/master/Source/Core/Core/PowerPC/Interpreter/Interpreter_Integer.cpp

interesting.  this code *might* be a better starting point for SV
augmentation than pearpc, because c++ provides the means to do
operator-overloads (and templates).

btw do not waste time looking at the JIT version.  we absolutely do
not need a JIT interpreted emulator.  we need a *cycle accurate*
emulator.