[libre-riscv-dev] Needed Subset of POWER

Yehowshua yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Sat May 2 23:07:02 BST 2020

Hello all,
	I’m reading through the Power ISA manual. What subset of POWER are we doing for the first single core revision?

What is the minimal subset of POWER that we can get away with for an operational Linux kernel?

There are lots and lots of features such as:

```
Decimal Floating-Point Support Operations: Add imme- diate forms of DFP Test Significance instructions.
```

Do we have to implement all these “icing” instructions eventually to be POWER certified?

Yehowshua