[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 26jun2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 26 19:42:01 BST 2020

On Friday, June 26, 2020, Michael Nolan <mtnolan2640 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice you've already got pi2lsi written,

the basics of it, yes.  i don't know yet if it will need a FSM or not (like
in pimem.py).  we'll find out pretty quickly.

> does it still need to be tested?

yes, using the unit test code in pimem.py because it is exactly the same
interface, and all "things" compliant with PortInterface should respond the
same

i was thinking of doing the same trick as the (new)
soc/config/test_loadstore.py where i moved the lsmem.py unit test you
wrote, to there, then instantiated the thing to be tested via a "chooser"
class.

except in this case moving the pimem.py unit test into a similar config
class tester.

if that makes any sense.