[libre-riscv-dev] Tests in soc/fu

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jun 21 19:44:58 BST 2020

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 7:29 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 21 2020, at 11:14 am, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> > the requests themselves cause massive resource-demanding SQL queries.
>
> Hmm... I wonder if an LMDB instance might be able to alleviate this. Thoughts?

sigh whilst i love LMDB it is so low-level that we would be asking for
trouble, becoming full-time bugzilla developers instead of SoC HDL
developers.

> > i did already: you missed it.  google "bugseverywhere".
>
> Sorry, didn't miss that, I thought you had dismissed it and was asking
> for further resource suggestions.

ah :)

> Now I will take a look and see if it
> can be augmented to suit our UI-writeable needs.

writing is done by writing to the git repository through the command
"be".  a REST API on top of that - alongside appropriate permissions
control - *may* produce what is required.

it has the advantage of then being locally installable followed by a
simple "git push" to sync up the bugs.  the modifications made by the
command "be" to the database (in a subdirectory .be) are
*deliberately* designed to be conflict-free by way of always using
UUIDs (128-bit random IDs) for all files.  no deletions are ever
carried out.