[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 12jun2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jun 12 16:53:48 BST 2020

On Friday, June 12, 2020, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yesterday: Frustration with gtkwave timiming diagrams...
>
> Today: Frustration with my self for not thinking to zoom the gtkwave
> timing diagrams out far enough to be able to see the changes in wire
> state.... *bangs head on desk* Oh well, at least now I've figured it out
> and can start making forward progress.

i believe i did this initially :)

btw *do* create save files and actually save them regularly.  gtkwave has a
habit of segfaulting, particularly if you use tabs.

>  Will spend today trying to
> understand the relationship between a simple alu test in nmigen and the
> corresponding timing diagram in gtkwave.

 if you do that on code that you have yourself written, and also viewed the
graphviz diagrams, this cross-association will go faster.

can i suggest looking at the bperm unit test vcd files, first?

 Will also work on a blurb for
> soliciting new members, and research some possible methods of
> publicising our search for memebers.

my partner marie has a contact at HK University, please do point her at it
when you have it written. (a short wiki page is great).

we have something on the front page already however it is embedded *in* the
front page and so is not really clear.

we also cannot call it "jobs" because sigh that implies salaries, per-hour
payments, employment, that we will cover their insurance costs, holidays
and so on.  wark-wark.