[libre-riscv-dev] daily kan-ban update 04jun2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jun 4 20:02:46 BST 2020

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 05:11 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
> > * investigating sorting out internet connectivity.  currently have to
> > bypass ISP HTTPS traffic blocks by using an HTTPS proxy over a VPN
> > (!).  the majority of major web sites (zoom, accounts.google.com,
> > instagram)
> >

> wow! would motivate me to get a different ISP if possible, that's garbage
> tier service if that's not just a temporary problem.

the timing is exactly when you also had issues.

they are GBP 20 a month for unlimited data, on mobile 4G/LTE.

the data usage in our house is over 200MB a month.

it would cost us well over USD 150 a month by any other provider.

there is no hardline and it is not my house.

> today:
> work on div and mul pipelines

great.  i have the dumb-core operational (no instruction fetch, no LDST),
so when they're ready they can drop straight in.

> read through cxxrtl yosys backend that whitequark's been writing, found a
> bug:
> https://github.com/YosysHQ/yosys/issues/2111

cool.  that's some complex code.

> attending OpenPower virtual coffee meeting later

ah it's not running tonight.  hugh has a scheduling conflict.

next week.