[libre-riscv-dev] new / additional domain

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Jan 26 09:52:38 GMT 2020

On 1/26/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 20:05 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
> wrote:
>
>> with thanks to jacob reminding me that decisions are unanimous for
>> this project, what do people think of the prohect name change which is
>> osmosing into our collective  brains: libre-soc.org
>

> I think we should change our name to Libre-SoC (with that capitalization)
> and have our domain name be libre-soc.org,

nonhyphenated is taken anyway.  any other ideas?

> libre-riscv.org should redirect
> to libre-soc.org such that all links still work.

need to look up a suitable nginx fragment for that. it's probably the
same as ones used for http to https

> This is also a good excuse
> to fix the server so everything goes over https (especially login pages).

yehyeh

>> one big advantage, of a name change, there is an opportunity to fix
>> the ssl certs which i messed up.
>>

> even if we don't change our name, if your using letsencrypt (which I highly
> recommend), fixing broken certs is easy, just register the new fixed ones
> as-if you were making completely new certs, then revoke the old ones.

it's more complicated a screwup than that, i set HSTS and a subdomain
named cert then tried to use that for the whole domain by mistake.

hence redirect to a new domain is a quick and simple solution.