[libre-riscv-dev] new / additional domain

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 03:56:51 GMT 2020

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020, 20:05 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

> with thanks to jacob reminding me that decisions are unanimous for
> this project, what do people think of the prohect name change which is
> osmosing into our collective  brains: libre-soc.org

I think we should change our name to Libre-SoC (with that capitalization)
and have our domain name be libre-soc.org, libre-riscv.org should redirect
to libre-soc.org such that all links still work. This is also a good excuse
to fix the server so everything goes over https (especially login pages).

> one big advantage, of a name change, there is an opportunity to fix
> the ssl certs which i messed up.

even if we don't change our name, if your using letsencrypt (which I highly
recommend), fixing broken certs is easy, just register the new fixed ones
as-if you were making completely new certs, then revoke the old ones.