[libre-riscv-dev] Michael - New Member

mtnolan2640 at gmail.com mtnolan2640 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 14:32:58 GMT 2020

> hi michael, welcome to the libre soc.

Thanks! Still figuring out how to use the mailing list so I apologize if I make a few mistakes.

> can i ask, what's your background
My backround is in FPGA/hardware design, as well as embedded programming. I've worked on several FPGA projects such as: a custom CPU core (with assembler, linker, FORTH interpreter, and rudimentary C compiler), as well as an (unfinished) ethernet controller for my ECP5 Versa dev board. I also enjoy embedded C/C++, and did some of that during my internship at Georgia Tech last semester.

> and what intrigues you about this project?

I like the idea of having open source hardware and software (I recently bought an ARM laptop because it in particular has very few closed source blobs), and the idea of having an open source CPU+GPU intrigues me. Also, I very much enjoyed writing my custom CPU back in 2016, and this looks to be even more interesting than that.

Thanks,
Michael