[libre-riscv-dev] openrisc1200

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Tue Jan 21 16:05:37 GMT 2020

> we should try to keep our messaging more consistent, continuously changing
> which ISA we will use will cause people to not think we will ever complete
> anything

I agree with Jacob - however, filling in the table is a exercise - and we can refer future
contributors to the table in the future.

> Power is known to be very suitable for high-performance CPUs (Power9).

This also is quite true.
Also note, that while I’m sure we are all capable of adding user land and compiler support for an arbitrary CPU,
we should minimize the software component and maximize the hardware component of our effort vector.

> Power has a huge software ecosystem, probably larger than all of RISC-V,

If this is true, than why would we wish to support the RISCV-V Dual ISA? We should just stick with POWER.

Yehowshua