[libre-riscv-dev] Needed standard cell development for libre SOC

Staf Verhaegen staf at fibraservi.eu
Sat Jan 11 11:42:06 GMT 2020

All,

As said in other mail I will be doing standard cell development on my NLNet project. In discussions I had before with Luke it was mentioned that there may be need for specific standard cells for certain look-up tables maybe coupled with a custom  place-and-route procedure. With current synthesis and place-and-route tools this is typically not how one works. There one normally just writes the RTL code and leaves everything to the synthesis and place-and-route tool.
We thus need example design code that shows the special need so me and Jean-Paul from LIP6 can have a look at how to best handle it from standard cell and place-and-route point of view.

greets,
Staf.