[libre-riscv-dev] Rust over C/C++

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Sun Jan 5 14:18:00 GMT 2020

I’m am quite happy to hear that you guys use nMigen. This is quite excellent!
Just a few question about how you guys write nMIgen test benches(because I am writing the verilator backend which is about 75% finished).

The following is from a convo with whitequark:

> The statement:

>  yield dut.c.eq(dut.a * dut.b)

> is evaluated as-if you made a module with just those three values, like this:

> m = Module()
> m.d.comb += dut.c.eq(dut.a * dut.b)

> assuming dut.c isn't driven elsewhere.

Do you guys ever use Signal expressions inside test bench assignments?
If not, then I’m thinking about leaving that unsupported with the verilator backend because adding support
opens up a whole other can of worms.

Yehowshua