[libre-riscv-dev] next tasks

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Thu Feb 20 13:16:24 GMT 2020

> > The code  is available on alliance-check-toolkit in benchs/ao68000 or
> > from https://gitlab.com/Chips4Makers/ao68000/.

  It's made for AMS 350nm (4 metal layers / 3 routing), and needs 100%
  of free space to complete. I'm using it to improve the router performance
  as 100% of free space is too too much.
    I will create a 180nm / MOSIS version.

> > In the latter I am working on nMigen intergration.
>
> ok.  you saw yesterday i managed to get that running, with jean-paul's help:
> https://git.libre-riscv.org/?p=soclayout.git;a=summary
>
> and it looks like... just did a recent git pull, there's new rules
> %.blif; %.il
>
> those look great, it means i don't need a special version of
> mk/synthesise-yosys.mk

  Yes. I created, based on your work a small yosys.py script which takes
  the RTLIL generated by nMigen to translate it into blif (maybe I should
  merge it with blif2vst.py). Anyway, it avoid mixing the RTLIL to blif
  translation with the nMigen file, I think it is more clear cut.
    I also added rules to process nMigen designs.
    You have a complete exemple under nmigen/alu/ (taken from basic/examples
  on nMigen). Configured for the 180nm MOSIS, so with "make gds" you may
  be able to have a layout that you can see as GDS with klayout for example
  (or magic for instance). Makefile rule "%.il: %.py' only need a python3
  binary compatible with nMigen to be present.

--

      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
    /(___)\   work: (33) 01.44.27.53.99
     ^^ ^^    cell:      06.66.25.35.55   home: 09.65.29.83.38

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip