[libre-riscv-dev] next tasks

Scheming Pony scheming-pony at protonmail.com
Thu Feb 20 13:49:29 GMT 2020

A few miscellaneous thoughts:

The Motorola 68000 has a great programming guide:

https://archive.org/details/programming6800000will

Mine was falling apart, should have duct taped it together--need to replace it.

The reference materials from Motorola were always really top notch, IMHO. Op code reference pages are a good place to start WRT requirements and testing.

TODO: Maybe Libre-SOC should use these documents as a template for extension instructions.  I have a feeling some one is going to ask me to file a bug report.

TODO: How did SGI start up?  Geometry engine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_Graphics#Early_years

TODO: How did Pixar start up? Making movies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pixar#Early_history