[libre-riscv-dev] Hi, I am new and like to work, contribute to this project

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Feb 15 09:48:42 GMT 2020

On Saturday, February 15, 2020, Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:39:14AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 15, 2020, Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:
> > >
> > > Okay, I will try and do. Do you have a time limit for this by when
> done?
> >
> > no
> >
> > > Just asking if you know: Can it be done totally on local machine and
> then
> > > adapted? Or does it needs a internet facing exim4?
> >
> > hmm shouuld be ok entirely local.
> >
> > really it is the exim4 modifications to how to interface to mailman in
> > Maildir mode.
> >
> > i do not do local email so if the entire exim4 config is switched to
> > Maildir that is fine
> >

> I have Debian 10 buster setup locally. Which distribution and version our
> host
> is using?

a rolling release continuously updated.

> > > In my VPS setup I use qmail. And have done postfix building and setup
> > > locally.
> >
> > exim4 is 30% of linux email so worth knowing.
> >

> Well, system administrators should know all popular variants. But there is
> also
> a philosophy of requiring only secure and best soultions and not to have
> to know
> and use all that is available.
>
> But that's not a hard rule.

typically but not always, take the stupidity of both php and systemd as
classic counterexamples, popularity tends to result in more bugs being
found.

the counterexamples show that if the developers have pathological
psychological issue (such as lennart pottering regularly closing critical
security bugs as WONTFIX) you cannot make that assumption.

the BSDs go for much better security however their lack of popularity has a
flip side: lack of convenience, less diversity, less recipes, less
documentation.