[libre-riscv-dev] Hi, I am new and like to work, contribute to this project

Veera vklr at vkten.in
Sat Feb 15 13:16:32 GMT 2020

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 09:48:42AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> On Saturday, February 15, 2020, Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:39:14AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> > wrote:
> > > On Saturday, February 15, 2020, Veera <vklr at vkten.in> wrote:
> > > >

> > > really it is the exim4 modifications to how to interface to mailman in
> > > Maildir mode.
> > >
> > > i do not do local email so if the entire exim4 config is switched to
> > > Maildir that is fine
> >
> > I have Debian 10 buster setup locally. Which distribution and version our
> > host
> > is using?
>

> a rolling release continuously updated.

Is it a Linux based? Is it a custom one made by you?

Why are you asking me to do the test setup in Debian?
Will you port to the host OS?

Is it okay if do the test setup in Debian 10 Buster setup?

> > Well, system administrators should know all popular variants. But there is
> > also
> > a philosophy of requiring only secure and best soultions and not to have
> > to know
> > and use all that is available.
> >
> > But that's not a hard rule.
>

> typically but not always, take the stupidity of both php and systemd as
> classic counterexamples, popularity tends to result in more bugs being
> found.
>
> the counterexamples show that if the developers have pathological
> psychological issue (such as lennart pottering regularly closing critical
> security bugs as WONTFIX) you cannot make that assumption.

Some were unhappy Redhat taking the systemd route and then others also
followed. Debian fork Devuan was created which apparently has stalled.
Even Linus Torvalds was angry with Lennart about udev integration with
systemd. And udev fork Eudev was made.

> the BSDs go for much better security however their lack of popularity has a
> flip side: lack of convenience, less diversity, less recipes, less
> documentation.

Yes.
In terms of security OpenBSD is the best, better than Linux.

Also can I change the subject line to something better for this thread?

> l.

Regards,
Veera