[libre-riscv-dev] Routing a first nmigen disign with Corilis

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Mon Feb 10 16:10:19 GMT 2020

Hello Tobias,

I'm a little surprised that you mention Mauka, Knik & Kite, as they should
no longer in the doc. They are replaced by Etesian/Coloquinte and Katana.

Did you use the "devel" branch ? If not, please do so. The "master" is
terribly late (and the new repository is https://gitlab.lip6.fr/jpc/coriolis.git)

Alongside with that, and my apologies for the doc to be unclear, you
will need Alliance and alliance-check-toolkit which are:

https://gitlab.lip6.fr/jpc/alliance.git
https://gitlab.lip6.fr/jpc/alliance-check-toolkit.git

Alliance provide additional CAD tools and some cells libraries.
Alliance Check Toolkit gives you examples and a complete Makefile
architecture to automate designs.

You can extract from the Dockerfile in bootstrap/docker/debian9
the scripts to install & rebuild in your schroot environement.
(also take allianceInstaller.sh and socInstaller.py).

Basically you are correct, as you have Verilog you can directly
enter Yosys (providing a cell library under the form of ".lib").
Yosys do not "convert" your design, it synthesize it using the
standard cells as building block. Then you can place (Etesian)
then route (Katana). You will get a *symbolic* layout that is
to be converted in real, but that operation needs to acces the
technology which is under NDA, so it is delegated to Staf
Verhaegen.

Best regards,

--

      .-.     J e a n - P a u l   C h a p u t  /  Administrateur Systeme
      /v\     Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
    /(___)\   work: (33) 01.44.27.53.99
     ^^ ^^    cell:      06.66.25.35.55   home: 09.65.29.83.38

    U P M C   Universite Pierre & Marie Curie
    L I P 6   Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris VI
    S o C     System On Chip