[libre-riscv-dev] Update on Pinmux

Rishabh Jain rishucoding at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 16:54:21 GMT 2019

Hi everyone,

Greetings!

First of all, my apologies for not able to continue the project on porting
pinmux into nmigen.

Presently, I am employed as a Project Associate, at the SHAKTI processor
group, IIT Madras. My project aims to develop a RISC-V based SHAKTI C-Class
multi-core setup, for which I am working on developing a Network on Chip.
Repositories: shakti-gem5
<https://gitlab.com/shaktiproject/tools/shakti-gem5> and OpenSMART
<https://gitlab.com/shaktiproject/uncore/OpenSMART>.

SHAKTI is also developing a SoC for E-class processor, where we are using
Pinmux to manage peripherals. When I was trying to generate the
'pinmux.bsv' file for some configuration, I found it a little tricky in the
beginning.
So, I documented the steps to generate Bluespec, here:
https://gitlab.com/rishabh.jain091/pinmux. I believe the README.md can be
taken up in the upstream repository of libre-riscv.
@luke, could you take a look at the README?

Best,
Rishabh Jain