[libre-riscv-dev] Wish to work on

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Mar 6 09:54:34 GMT 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 7:58 AM Rishabh Jain <rishucoding at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,

 hi rishabh, welcome.  good to hear from you again.

 (https://git.libre-riscv.org/?p=pinmux.git;a=summary)

> I have experience of programming in Python, C, java, verilog, assembly and
> bluespec, but I am ready to learn new languages and tools as part of the
> ongoing project here.

 great.  well, nmigen is the main addition, which depends on yosys,
can i suggest getting those installed (each from git latest)?

>  May someone give a brief on the ongoing projects and how to get started?

ok, so there are four sub-projects: kazan (the vulkan 3d driver) which
jacob is working on; the pinmux (which you know already), the ieee754
FPU, and the soc.  currently, daniel is working on a CAM and a TLB for
virtual memory.  aleksander helped with the FPU, he's taking a break
at the moment.

firstly, though, can you go over the charter, the discussion page is
here http://libre-riscv.org/charter/discussion/ which explains each of
the parts.

if you're happy with it, the next thing would be to get nmigen and
yosys up installed, and to confirm it's operational, try running
"make" in the SoC TLB/src directory:
https://git.libre-riscv.org/?p=soc.git;a=tree;f=TLB/src

from the pinmux work we did, you already have git-ssh set up, and i've
been adding you to the repos so you're good to go, there.

we can go from there?