[libre-riscv-dev] uniform instruction format

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Jun 10 10:55:15 BST 2019

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 10:01 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  ok cool.  really don't take long.  what else are you up to?
>
> write more docs for the integer multiplier
> work on the pipeline api proposal
> work on the barrel processor
> work on texture instructions
> work on kazan

 cool.  i sometimes like doing things in parallel.  i spoke to michiel
a couple days ago, he emphasised that the whole reason for the funding
is to make the project a success.  so he's happy to talk about
adapting to what works (for us).

> >   remember
> > that kazan could do with some attention / progress: you're technically
> > the only person with the knowledge on how to develop it.
>
> yeah, I'm thinking I should add another IR layer, since the algorithm i'm
> in the middle of implementing (vectorizer) is really complex and should
> probably be split up.

 makes you wonder how the other implementors do vulkan, doesn't it?

 btw, texturisation: if much of it can be done "by rote" - i.e. you
could write clear instructions to someone else on what to do, then i
have access to a team that can help.  do let me know if that would
work.

> > and progress
> > earns some $.
> >
> I'm not particularly motivated by money. :)

 :)