[libre-riscv-dev] A little introduction

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Mon Jun 3 22:48:23 BST 2019

On 2019-06-03 23:11, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
> Welcome! Very glad to have you participate in whatever way you can!
> From somewhat cursory examination, your F-CPU project looks quite
> interesting.

Thank you Jacob !

F-CPU is interesting, indeed, and has incredibly many
similarities with libre-riscv. The crucial difference is 20 years :
  * F-CPU people gained a lot of understanding of what can
     crash such a project, what is needed and what is missing
     (I have developed some of these elements myself since).
  * libre-riscv is like F-CPU all over again but benefits from
     20 years of evolution in the industry and in Free Software.
     And the leader is not an optimistic 20-something dreamer :-P
With the combined hindsight, insight and other means,
we (the "libre" community) have no excuse to fail.

> Jacob Lifshay
yg