[libre-riscv-dev] getting important: need to create the project plan, involves estimating times for tasks (and creating them)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Apr 24 11:51:01 BST 2019

ok so nice conversation with michiel, he said basically don't worry
about fine-level granularity, just make some rough cost estimates, and
if they think it's like an order of magnitude out, they'll query it,
otherwise it can be adjusted as progress is made.

the main thing they want is a list of:

* summary of milestone
* one/two-line paragraph
* budget (paid on completion)

also, because we have already started, anything done since february
1st they can consider *retrospectively* to include as "done" and pay
for.

so, jacob, for example, creating a "group" of those Kazan tasks, and
allocating them to a given milestone, that would work.

we want to put budgets on the *leaf* node sub-tasks obviously, not
further up, otherwise there would be double-counting.

i will add a field "budget" to the bugtracker database.