[libre-riscv-dev] New Person

lkcl lkcl at libre-riscv.org
Wed Oct 17 08:37:54 BST 2018

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 6:11 AM Daniel Benusovich
<flyingmonkeys1996 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds good, I will get started as soon as I can. Most of those
> terms sound like magic but the idea looks very interesting. Any good starting points?

 honestly no idea, let's cross that bridge when it comes to it.  i
have freedom-u-sdk (vanilla) up and running, it was damn awkward but
got there in the end: i'd preferrrr to use the same riscv-tools
although it's claimed to be out-of-date.  then i will need to branch
whatever we are to work on into git.libre-riscv.org

> I am almost finished correcting the build folder issue,
> I have trouble working during the week as I have a
> full time job! something something sleep.

 no problem, i understand.

> As for pushing any updates for the python scripts and
> configuration script should a separate branch and a pull
> request be made or push the changes on sv?

 i absolutely cannot stand branches.  they are one of the absolute
worst aspects of git (and *especially* of github), as they force
people to consider work to be separate and isolated, forcing people to
work *in* isolation.

 i come from the sourceforge era where it is about *group* collaboration.

 so, please do commit on the sv branch and either send me an
id_rsa.pub key or use git format-patch.