[Libre-soc-dev] Interview times_Organizational research

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 10:46:44 GMT 2024

On Thursday, January 11, 2024, Rita Madsen <rita.madsen at btech.au.dk> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>

> I didn't retrieve my email from the mailing list. I guess it is my email
signature that makes it too big.

yes. can you reduce it in size? it is HTML and contains
embedded images.  *every* message you send i will have to
"approve", and it may be getting filtered out anyway as
they are "HTML only".

(Alain, any clues on that one?)

actully it s just better that you send plain ASCII text only.
ask your technical support team how to do that, but if they
don't know come back to us here ok?

> I don't recall hearing about Charter,

i sent you a private reply 3-ish days ago? it had the link?

>  but my answer is yes.

do read it first! :)
https://libre-soc.org/charter

the dilbert cartoons i am especially proud of, highly
illustrative of the complete polar opposite...
https://libre-soc.org/charter/discussion

a reply should say, "i have *read* the Charter at {link}
and agree to it" or, "i have read it and have some questions"
you get the general idea

> I am just learning the concept of the mailing list.

generally it is best to interact on technical mailing lists
with plain ASCII text messages only. also look up
"mailing list netiquette".  we have

basically if you are researching FOSS Projects, the idea i
had in mind is that by actually joining here you get to
learn "feet on the ground" what that actually entails.

especially given you said that all other research projects
do "statistical analysis of code", *not* interact with the
actual people.

so, first thing: do work out how to send plain-text-only
email ok!  even if it means you have to have a 2nd email
account (i can recommend protonmail)

> If I want to agree to talk personally with individual people, should I
use the mailing list, or is it okay to contact them personally?

that's down to them but if you send anything to the mailing
list it is *permanently online and public*. that's the whole
point as it protects us from, for example, people attempting
to claim "prior art" on inventions here, as there will be
hudreds of people who received timestamped copies of the
message with the novel idea in it.

archives are here
https://lists.libre-soc.org/pipermail/libre-soc-dev/

and you should join here
https://lists.libre-soc.org/mailman/listinfo/libre-soc-dev

> P.S. If you will have available time for a talk next week, please let me
know :)

let's get you sorted out on that introduction, first, so people
have some context.  both your message have not been seen by
anyone on the mailing list because they were HTML only and
got filtered out.

> Kind regards,
>
> Rita Madsen

on data available in the repository. I want to speak with you about the
timeline of the Libre-soc and how Libre-soc developed and changed during
the time. I think it would be perfect if we would have 1-1,5 hours to talk.

> that's a bit long for me at the moment, let's see how it goes
>

> Moreover, Andrey mentioned the meetings you have on Thursday mornings.
Would it be possible to forward the meeting invite to me so I can join? I
would be a silent observer. I would not make any recordings, just my
observational notes about team dynamics.

> tuesday. 5pm UTC, and i need you to agree to the Charter first :)
>
> discuss on mailing list?
>

> I would also like to know if
>

> :)
>

> Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
>

> Rita Madsen
> PhD Fellow
> MSc in Economics and Business Administration, International Business
Development