[Libre-soc-dev] Finishing off the grant: gigabit crypto router 2021-02-052

Cesar Strauss cestrauss at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 14:10:47 BST 2024

Hi Luke,

On 04/20/2024 20:04, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> the situation is identical to that of whitequark's trademark
> infringment of M-Labs. ironically it was CALDERWOOD himself
> who both explained it to me (several hours, over several
> weeks) and then explained it to us on various tuesday calls.
> if you recall,he explained very clearly what
> "Trademark aliasing" is.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Sorry for making you repeat yourself, I'm being a little slow to make
the connections. Thank you for your patience.

I hope I'm not causing you much stress. You may also note I'm choosing
my words so to avoid causing offense to anyone.

I still have some doubt. On the Amaranth Github page, they say "Amaranth
HDL (previously nMigen)", thus conveying to the reader that they are the
real original owners of nMigen (tm), having decided to rename it to
Amaranth.

So, for the sake of argument, there must already be some written
material, or other available evidence (even if RED made it clear they
have not done so), where the reader will think: "wait, this VISC (tm)
seems to be the exact same concept as Simple-V (tm)! It must be that
they are the real owners of Simple-V (tm), and decided to rename it to
VISC (tm).". Is that your reasoning?

Thanks,

Cesar