[Libre-soc-dev] Finishing off the grant: gigabit crypto router 2021-02-052

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Apr 18 18:44:18 BST 2024

On Thursday, April 18, 2024, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 10:57 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> in all seriousness - i really don't want it done at all.
>> the reason is very simple: any work done will be stolen
>> by CALDERWOOD and LEWIS, claimed as *their* Trademark.
> I do not believe that is the case, they do not appear to be using any
> Libre-SOC trademarks in that screenshot, and from what I've heard,
> their design is loosely inspired by SimpleV

no, it is a direct copy. you are not aware of the conversations
over three years, or that CALDERWOOD has a photographic memory,
where i taught CALDERWOOD about Simple-V (TM) and how to
implement it and apply it to other ISAs. remember we have
done *both* RV *and* OpenPOWER, and in private conversations
i discussed how i could apply SV to other ISAs. i also told
them where to find the original Simple-V RISC-V-based work
(sv-spike).

LEWIS then came up with the word "VISC" and recently added
"TM" after it. the text on that page clearly states "we can apply
VISC to other ISAs".

in other words they are stealing the Vectorisation technique,
known as Simple-V, claiming it is theirs under the term
"VISC" and claiming it is Trademarked.

you acccidentally hit it on the nail jacob when you said in
effect "it is similar". it's actually *identical* but even
"similar" is enough to cause confusion, and that's straight
Trademark theft.

geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3