[Libre-soc-dev] Libre-soc-dev Digest, Vol 40, Issue 9

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 03:58:00 BST 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 7:51 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via
Libre-soc-dev <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
> [the CI is non-critical, so jacob runs it on a personal machine, after he
> got
> net-abuse warnings for setting the CI on debian's sponsored gitlab servers
> much too high. this does now have the advantage that he can connect a
> Digilent Arty A7-100t directly to it, for doing CI FPGA builds]

to clarify, the abuse warnings were because the git mirroring script I
was running at the time was doing a no-op push to all mirrored repos
once per minute, since I had to rely on polling, since it was decided
that we are not using git hooks on libre-soc.org to mirror only when
new commits are pushed.

the actual builds have always been on my own computer, since we like
to be able to run 2hr builds if necessary, and also since it makes
attaching FPGAs easy (though we haven't actually used the FPGA for
anything other than a proof of concept yet).