[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM Meeting (Urgent)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sun Oct 15 08:07:12 BST 2023

On Sunday, October 15, 2023, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2023, 22:13 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>
wrote:

>> On Sunday, October 15, 2023, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> > I will send everything I expect to want to say in this email.
>>
>> remember, topic is: "what goes into the devroom submission"
>> rather than "what or how talks are submitted"
>
> one thing that occurred to me: the submission states that all our funding
comes from nlnet and ngi, this isn't strictly true as we did get
significant donations in decred and are receiving sponsored services, etc.
I think we should modify the submission to say "almost all" or "nearly all"
or just "most" rather than all, since that acknowledges those others who
kindly donated.

did i give you edit access? if so do think about editing but
bear in mind this is *not* public. it is *privately* for the
fosdem organisers to decide to give us the devroom or not.
(i.e. the question to ask yourself: do the organisers
*really* need to know that we receive < 0.50% of funds from
other donors? is mentioning that an aggravation and distraction
or does it help us get the devroom?)

which reminds me that adding that anonymous donation onto
the front page would be a good idea, if you can do that?