[Libre-soc-dev] #981 update

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:31:47 BST 2023

On Thu, Oct 5, 2023 at 10:22 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> ah. right, so written is probably much easier than verbal,
> we went over this in the call yesterday, it would appear
> that there is some missing communication, if we speak
> english.
>
> allow me to write out the Bureacucracy Conditions that we
> are obliged to follow, i feel this will be easier for you,
> and also for others in future.
>
> it is *essential* due to legal regulatory obligations
> that there be a "value for money" criteria met, as *legally*
> required by the European Union.

Luke, I'm skipping most of the reply, because it basically answers a
different question than the one I asked.
You reply to the question whether it's fine to ask somebody to
summarize the deliverables.
But I never asked this question. I stated that you made different
claims, related to the time and code size.
Then you started changing the task scope, after the delivered results
were explicitly apt to the original definition.

The fact that you might need to explicitly query what has been done in
scope of these works is fine per se.
Hell, even changing the definition of "done" is fine per se, as long
as it's concluded in agreement between us all.
I will omit the fact that the results have been posted long ago. I can
repeat them anyway.
My point is that your modus operandi during this task was completely
unethical and rude.
I cannot go into your head and know your relations and agreements with
Peter Hsu, these should've been public in advance.
The way the task was described (and also mentioned in #982) and the
code I provided, they match each other.

I still haven't seen a single damn "excuse me" on this part, and,
apparently, shall not expect it. OK, noted.
You either don't realize what happened or just pretend everything is
normal; and I'm close to suspecting the latter.

I repeat. Never ever go from position "how much time did it take" or
"that's too little code here".
You have no idea on how many efforts it took, how many revisions I had
to squash and fixup before.
And you have no idea of my personal situation and constraints, even if
I posted about these on an everyday basis.
And even if I completed the task in a single goddamn second, as long
as the results fit the description, it's fine.
Finally inspect the guidelines we had so far, for God's sake.

This situation is abnormal, and I will not tolerate such behavior in the future.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin