[Libre-soc-dev] Switching development style to using git branches instead of working on master

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 05:57:38 BST 2023

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 3:50 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> short: yes-in-principle, but i want to go through an *objective*
> analysis of the past in order to do proper "due diligence" and
> we come up with something that doesn't drive everyone nuts at
> the opposite extreme "over-reaction".

ok, what exactly do you want us to analyze? maybe previous times that
code has been pushed that breaks more stuff on master? (since I saved
all the gitlab CI logs at https://build.libre-soc.programmerjake.tk/ ,
that should be reasonable to do)

I know of many projects our size or smaller and plenty much larger
that use pull requests with CI, which is basically the same thing
except that the branch they're pushing to is in the main repo instead
of a fork.
a short list in no particular order:
llvm
rustc