[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM 2024

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Dec 4 15:22:17 GMT 2023

On Thursday, November 23, 2023, Konstantinos Margaritis <
konstantinos at vectorcamp.gr> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have submitted a talk for demoing how to write SVP64 code

 "There is no hardware, not even in FPGA form, so forget about
  booting to Linux!"

can you please update that to

 "There is no hardware; FPGA has however been running for over
  2 years, and booting to microwatt linux-5.7 has been achieved
  (at 5,000 instructions per second) demonstrating Power ISA
  3.0 SFS capability under verilator."

otherwise it gives a false and misleading impression, not just
of the project overall but also risks denigrating NLnet and
the EU Funding that resulted in the successful FPGA and verilator
work.

if we do not correctly represent what NLnet and EU Funding has
achieved they could reasonably withold current or future
funding, so this is really quite important to correctly state,
Konstantinos.

thank you for your prompt attention to updating the abstract
which will shortly go onto the FOSDEM schedule.