[Libre-soc-dev] State of some tasks needs clarification

lkcl luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 23:39:52 BST 2023

On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, Dmitry Selyutin <ghostmansd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pardon, I'm sending this via phone. Luke, do you mention this as a
reminder and not for some specific and exact reason? I have mixed and
confused feelings regarding the last message, as if you had such cases in
mind.

as it is the public mailing list i am reminding everyone.

there have been several instances in the past where contributors
have not listened and attempted to engage with me in private
technical discussions. then i was forced into the position
of having to ask their consent to publish their questions.
more work for me.

also even as recently as two weeks ago i know a private
non-recorded non-minuted technical discussion took place
in which several ideas were generated that were then only
discussed further verbally, not put in the bugtracker yet.

hence why i responded writing to everyone, not to you
specifically.

in essence i am advising of process and procedure that all
of you need to follow (and also document as to *be* followed).
normally there would be a "Dedicated Project Manager"
responsible for ensuring that everyone knows and follows
project planning and protocol. now all of you need to learn
it, and document it, yourselves. Andrey knows the bug number
under which the Project Planning documentation is collated
for writeup.